These terms and conditions regulate the use of Recharge and Bill Pay services enabled by TAPPE Private Limited, a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 with its registered office at TC 9 1132, BALASRE MANGALAM LANE, SASTHAMANGALAM, TRIVANDRUM, India (hereinafter referred to as “TAP-PE”/ “we”/”us”/” our”). TAP-PE has been authorized in this regard by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to issue semi closed PPI in accordance with the provisions of the Payment and Settlements Act, 2007 and the regulations and directions issued by RBI from time to time.
By proceeding to use the TAP-PE Services which includes Recharge & Pay Bills offerings of TAP-PE, you shall be contracting with TAP-PE and these Bill Pay T & Cs including all policies referenced herein will constitute your binding obligations, with TAP-PE in connection with this offering.
Further, the term “Merchants/ Billers’ shall include for the purpose of the Recharge & Pay Bills category any establishment and/or entity who is providing you utility services, payment services and accepts the TAP-PE wallet, UPI, Debit Card/ Credit Card (‘ payment options’) as a payment method for online or offline purchase of utilities, payment services through an aggregator or a BBPO to whom you can make bill payment or recharge using TAP-PE App.
When you transact using the TAP-PE App ( with any payment options ) for availing the Recharge & Pay Bills Services through the TAP-PE App or on any Merchant website/ Merchant platform/ Merchant store, these Bill Pay T & Cs will be applicable to you in addition to the T&Cs of the respective Merchants.
USING THE TAP-PE RECHARGE & BILL PAY FEATURE IN THE TAP-PE APP INDICATES YOUR AGREEMENT TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. HENCE, PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING.
General Terms for Recharge & Pay Bills
- Users may note that TAP-PE is only a facilitator of payments and is not a party to the payments.
- TAP-PE facilitates Recharge and Pay Bills services by allowing you to pay for the Mobile Post-paid, Prepaid Recharge and landline Phone Bill Payment, DTH and Subscription for Streaming Services Payment, Other Utility Payments like Electricity, LPG etc. Credit Card Payment, Insurance Premium Payment, Donate online, Internet broadband and Data card Bill Payment, Municipal Tax & Water Tax payment, School Fees payment, Toll Tax recharge (FasTag), Loan repayment and other services provided by TAP-PE from time to time which are available under “Recharge and Pay Bills” section of Mobile APP through a) aggregators with whom TAP-PE has a contract or b) through the Bharat Bill Payment Operating Unit (BBPOU) infrastructure where the Merchant is registered with NPCI for Bill payments.
Setting up Recharge & Pay Bills:
- In order to make the recharge or bill payments you will have to provide the unique customer identity/ subscription identity number or bill number or registered mobile number, registered telephone number or such other identifier(s) which are required to fetch the payment/subscription due or bill value, subscription plan, due date, outstanding amount due and such other information necessary to enable the payment to your account with the Merchant.
- You authorize TAP-PE to access, fetch, share, use, store the information related to your account with the Merchant for Recharge & Bill Pay Services on an ongoing basis on your behalf for the said purposes.
- You understand that correctness of information is of utmost importance for fetching the right bill and subscription value and you accordingly confirm to ensure and be responsible for the correctness of the identifier information.
- You understand that the amount to be paid, recharged or subscription value is an agreement between you and the Merchant and TAP-PE has no obligation to verify the correctness of the same.
- You agree to keep your account information upto date and comply with the terms and conditions at all times otherwise TAP-PE has the right to suspend the account or deny any services.
- You agree that for providing the Recharge & Bill Pay Services the User identifier data, location/state and/or kyc information / any other personal information would be required to be shared with the Merchant/ biller for tax /GST purposes.
- You agree and authorize TAP-PE to communicate with the Merchant, third party service providers, aggregators with your account information for processing the transaction,
- You also agree that TAP-PE may set up reminder facility or auto payment facility which you expressly consent to and understand that payment once made to the Merchant for Recharge and Bill Pay is non – refundable.
- You shall be responsible for any duplicate standing instructions for payment or delayed payments or any penalty/ interest levied by the Merchant on the payments made. It is re-iterated that TAP-PE only facilitates the payments to the Merchants on your behalf.
There may be charges for access, third party payment or such other data fees from third party payment participants and/ or Billers which you expressly agree and shall not hold TAP-PE liable for the same.
- In connection with your use of the TAP-PE Recharge & Pay Bills, it shall be your responsibility to adhere to the following:
- You should verify from the transaction history and/or the notifications about the success or failure of the transaction.
- You shall be responsible for any charges levied by the Merchant/Biller in relation to the Recharge & Pay Bills services that can deducted from your account or that are added to your bill / subscription fees.
- You shall be responsible for keeping a track of your periodic bills, subscription fee and recharge expiries and or due dates of any utilities/ services or recurring charge services that you have availed and TAP-PE shall not be responsible for any technical issue related to periodic retrieval of the bills from the Billers or any errors / discrepancies in the Bills.
- You shall be responsible for scheduling your bill payment and you understand that the payment realization time shall vary from Merchant to Merchant and it is only based on your instructions that we will make the payment. We shall not be responsible for the delays/ reversals or failure of transaction.
- If you erroneously send a payment to the wrong party or wrong biller or double pay or send a payment for the wrong amount (for instance a typographical error at your end) your only recourse will be to contact the Merchant /Party to whom you have sent the payment and ask them to refund the amount. TAP-PE will not reimburse you or reverse a payment that you have erroneously made.
- You agree that all risks arising from online transactions will be borne by You.
- TAP-PE and third-party partners make no warranty, express or implied regarding the quality of Services including but not limited to: i) the Services will meet your requirements; II) the Services will be uninterrupted, timely or error free; or III) any products, information or material obtained by You in connection with the services will meet Your requirements.
- Except as expressly provided herein and to the full extent permitted by law, the Wallet feature is provided “as is”, “as available” and “with all faults”. All such warranties, representations, conditions, undertakings and terms, whether express or implied, are hereby excluded. It is Your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of the Services and other information provided by TAP-PE or generally available. We do not authorize anyone to make any warranty on our behalf and You should not rely on any such statement.